Sewage in Your Home
Dealing with water damage is difficult alone, but when it is coming up from your toilet and flooding your home this is an issue you don't want to deal with. No matter how it occurred, once the sewage backup happens, there are precautionary steps to take immediately. This include:
- Evacuating children, pets, and the elderly from the premises.
- Contacting the utility company to shut off electricity, gas, and water to the home.
- Removing any dry, uncontaminated items from the house.
- Adding chlorine bleach to any standing water to disinfect and prevent bacteria from spreading.
- Opening all windows to ventilate the area.
- Wearing PPE such as face masks and gloves if near the area.
- Notifying your insurance company of the situation.
- Documenting the damage as it begins
- Calling a local restoration company for sewage removal and cleanup services.
Call in the Experts-
We do not recommend dealing with sewage yourself, regardless of how little the damage may seem. Contaminants present in the water can be harmful without proper PPE and handling. If you find you have a sewage leak in your home don’t hesitate to call SERVPRO of Freeport, Roosevelt to complete the cleanup and restoration process. When we are done, it will seem “Like it never even happened.”
Call us up at (516) 206-8661 for 24/7 365 day service! We are there for you day or night.